Travel Protection Plan: Affordable Funeral Shipping Coverage

We are a nation that travels.  Be it for education, pleasure, business, or family, and we are an increasingly mobile society.  Do you have travel protection that would cover all costs to bring you home if something should happen on a trip?

Indeed, it is reported that 80 percent of Americans (over the age of 18) travel away from their home for trips that last more than one night. 

With this number of Americans traveling, the likelihood that some deaths will occur away from home is all the more likely.  If this does happen, there arises the difficult issue of transporting the deceased home or making funeral arrangements from afar.

Are you adequately covered in the event that death should occur while you are traveling?  Funeral transportation is expensive.  It can cost from $3,000 to $15,000 just to ship remains back to a home state or country.

Protect your family from thousands of dollars of repatriation and funeral costs by purchasing an affordable Travel Protection Plan today.

What is the Travel Protection Plan?

The Travel Protection Plan by Inman Worldwide offers you lifetime coverage for a one-time payment of $450 per individual.  The plan covers all expenses to repatriate a person who has died away from home.  Domestic and International coverage.

Why should I consider enrolling in a Travel Plan?

If you travel regularly for pleasure or business, the travel plan will give you peace of mind and will be of invaluable benefit to your surviving family. Once death occurs, Inman Worldwide will handle all arrangements to return the deceased home.  Or arrange a cremation at the place of death, and return the cremated remains to the family. No stress for the family. Everything is taken care of by Inman. (In consultation with family members)

Signing up is easy.  Click the link above to enroll now. You will receive an email confirming your enrollment, and you will be mailed a copy of your Service Agreement, a unique ID card to carry with information on who to call and a change of address form.

What does the Travel Plan cover?

The plan covers ALL COSTS to repatriate remains if a death occurs 75 miles or more away from your legal residence in the United States.  It covers transportation from state to state or returning remains from overseas.

Do you travel for work or pleasure?

If you are a frequent traveler, purchasing the travel protection plan would give you and your family complete peace of mind.  A couples travel protection plan can also be purchased for $875.

Who is eligible to enroll in the Travel Plan?

Any individual who has a permanent legal status as a resident of the United States.

Funeral Planning with a Travel Protection Plan

If you are making pre-arrangements with a funeral service provider or pre-planning a cremation, the Travel Protection Plan can supplement your funeral plans.  In the event your family should need to use the TPP, this would cover all costs for repatriation (or cremation at the place of death), and you may be able to claim some reimbursement from your funeral trust funds.

What happens if I need to use my Travel Plan?

You should carry your Travel Protection ID card whenever you travel.  One call to Inman Shipping on the number provided on the card, along with your unique ID plan number, and everything will be taken care of.

Generally, if a death occurs away from home, the family has to engage the services of a funeral provider at the place of death and at the location the deceased is being transported to.

With the TPP, Inman Shipping takes care of everything, including:

  • Contacting a licensed funeral home to collect the deceased and prepare for shipping
  • Securing all the documentation required to transport mortal remains (including 1 death certificate
  • Transportation of the deceased to a local airport closest to their legal residence that can receive mortal remains.

Protect yourself and your family from unexpected expenses and stress should a sudden passing happen when you are traveling away from home. A quick one-time application submission and payment of $450 will provide you with lifetime funeral expenses coverage for death 75 miles away from your residence.

Enroll today by clicking the link to enrollment above, or Contact Us if you have any further questions.

Written by

Sara is the Editor in Chief for US Funerals Online and has been researching and writing about the death care industry in the US for the last 15 years.