Funeral homes in Indianapolis, Indiana
Funeral Homes in Indianapolis
Below you will find a list of all the funeral homes in Indianapolis. Each listing provides full address details, map and directions to the funeral home and contact phone numbers.
- Alpha Funeral Service
- Bell Mortuary and Crematory
- Boatright Funeral Home
- Conkle Funeral Home Inc
- Craig Funeral Home
- Cremation Society of Indiana
- Crown Hill Funeral Home & Cemetery
- DFS Memorials - Indianapolis
- Ellis Mortuary
- Family Funeral Care-Rockville West
- Feeney-Hornak Keystone Mortuary
- Feeney-Hornak Shadeland Mortuary
- Flanner & Buchanan Funeral Center
- Flanner & Buchanan Mortuaries
- Flanner and Buchanan Funeral Center
- Fountain Square Mortuary
- Gh Herrmann Funeral Home Inc
- Grinsteiner Funeral Home Inc
- Grundy Memorial Chapel
- Harry W Moore Funeral Chapels
- Hendryx Mortuary
- Illinois Cemetery & Funeral
- Indiana Funeral Care & Crematory
- Irving Hill Chapel
- Jordan-Gray Funeral Home
- Lauck Funeral Home
- Lavinia Smith & Summers Home for Funerals
- Legacy Funeral Alternatives at Memorial Park
- Leppert Mortuary & Crematory
- Little & Sons Funeral Home
- Lynhurst Funeral Home
- Marshall & Erlewein Funeral Home & Crematory
- Marvin L Boatright Funeral
- Moore & Kirk Funeral Homes Inc
- Neptune Society - Indianapolis Cremations
- Nf Chance Funeral Home
- O'Riley Danl F Funeral Home
- Omega Cremation Society
- Peoples Funeral Home Inc
- Shirley Brothers Mortuaries & Crematory
- Singleton Mortuary
- Stevens Mortuary
- Stirling-Gerber Chapel
- Stuart Mortuary Incorporated
- Summers Funeral Chapel
- Usher Funeral Home Incorporated
- Williams & Bluitt Funeral Home
- Wilson-St Pierre Funeral Service & Crematory
What is the average cost of a funeral in Indianapolis?
How much a funeral is going to cost can be an important question to many families today, and a deciding factor in which funeral home or cremation provider in Indianapolis to select. The cost of a funeral can vary quite significantly, depending on the services provider you select and the type of funeral service you opt for.
The average cost of a funeral has been surveyed at $8,350 by the Cremation Association of North America (CANA), and $7,045 by the National Funeral Directors Association (NFDA). This cost does not include any cemetery fees, so the full cost for a funeral is likely to be nearer $10,000.
Funeral costs are made up of professional service fees and funeral merchandise. It is possible to reduce funeral costs by selecting a more affordable funeral services provider in Indianapolis and purchasing funeral merchandise, such as a casket, from a third-party seller.
How much does a cremation cost in Indianapolis?
The average cost of a cremation is $2,250 according to CANA. However, you are likely to find that cremation costs in Indianapolis will differ between cremation providers and crematories. The price of a cremation will also depend on whether you opt for a basic cremation or a full service cremation.
Direct cremation in Indianapolis
A direct cremation is a very simple and inexpensive cremation option. Indianapolis direct cremation services offer a basic, no fuss, option to conduct a cremation disposition at the lowest cost possible. To find the best price on direct cremation in Indianapolis, you need to check out the DFS Memorials provider for Indianapolis.
Preplanning a funeral in Indianapolis
Preplanning a funeral is an ideal way to ensure your final wishes are met and the finances to cover your funeral expenses are laid aside. It can remove a burden of emotional decision-making and financial stress from surviving family all important in these more difficult economic times!
You can take out a funeral plan with a funeral home in Indianapolis, or make funeral insurance arrangements. Alternatively, you can set up a P.O.D account and document your wishes in readiness. A funeral planning guide for Indianapolis is available in our Library/Info section on the left, as are many other articles to assist you plan a funeral in Indianapolis.
Cremation plans in Indianapolis
You can also arrange a prepaid cremation plan in Indianapolis if you wish. Simple, low cost cremation plans are available from most cremation services providers. The cost for a cremation plan will depend upon certain factors, such as your age at the time of taking out the plan, how the plan is financed and what is included with the cremation plan.
There are some very affordable cremation plans in Indianapolis, so be sure to check and compare cremation providers.
Send flowers to a funeral home in Indianapolis
If you wish to send funeral flowers to a funeral home in Indianapolis, you can select the funeral home to send flowers to, or click here to view a full selection of funeral flowers.