Funeral homes in Atlanta, Georgia
Funeral Homes in Atlanta
Below you will find a list of all the funeral homes in Atlanta. Each listing provides full address details, map and directions to the funeral home and contact phone numbers.
- Airport Mortuary Shipping Service
- Alfonso Dawson Mortuary
- Andrew's Funeral Home
- Arlington Memorial Park
- Atlanta Crematory Incorporated
- CA Reid Sr Memorial Funeral
- Carl M Williams Funeral Drctrs
- Carmichael Hemperley Funeral
- Community Funeral Home
- Cox Brothers Funeral Directors
- DFS Memorials - Atlanta & North Georgia
- Donehoo-Lewis Funeral Home Inc
- Dressler's Funeral Service
- Dressler's Jewish Funeral Care
- Final Wishes Financial Services Incorporated
- Forest Lawn Memorial Gardens
- Goolsby Mortuary
- Green Lawn Jewish Funeral Services
- Grissom Eastlake Funeral Home
- Gus Thornhill's Funeral Home
- H M Patterson & Son - Arlington Chapel
- H M Patterson & Son - Spring Hill Chapel
- H M Patterson & Son- Ogelthorpe Hill
- Haugabrooks Funeral Home
- Hillside Mortuary Services
- Hines Home of Funerals Incorporated
- Hollifield Mortuary Incorporated
- Knox Funeral Home
- Lunsford Wilson Company
- MD Walker Funeral Home
- Meadows Mortuary
- Memorial Society of Georgia
- Murray Brothers Funeral Home Cascade Chapel
- Neptune Society - Atlanta Cremations
- North Atlanta Memorial Park
- Pollard Funeral Home Incorporated
- Rucker Raleigh Funeral Home
- Sandy Springs Funeral Chapel
- Sellers Brothers Funeral Home
- Smith's Mortuary Incorporated
- Southeast Funeral Service Incorporated
- Stocks Funeral Home & Kirkwood
- Thornton Herschel Mortuary
What is the average cost of a funeral in Atlanta?
How much a funeral is going to cost can be an important question to many families today, and a deciding factor in which funeral home or cremation provider in Atlanta to select. The cost of a funeral can vary quite significantly, depending on the services provider you select and the type of funeral service you opt for.
The average cost of a funeral has been surveyed at $8,350 by the Cremation Association of North America (CANA), and $7,045 by the National Funeral Directors Association (NFDA). This cost does not include any cemetery fees, so the full cost for a funeral is likely to be nearer $10,000.
Funeral costs are made up of professional service fees and funeral merchandise. It is possible to reduce funeral costs by selecting a more affordable funeral services provider in Atlanta and purchasing funeral merchandise, such as a casket, from a third-party seller.
How much does a cremation cost in Atlanta?
The average cost of a cremation is $2,250 according to CANA. However, you are likely to find that cremation costs in Atlanta will differ between cremation providers and crematories. The price of a cremation will also depend on whether you opt for a basic cremation or a full service cremation.
Direct cremation in Atlanta
A direct cremation is a very simple and inexpensive cremation option. Atlanta direct cremation services offer a basic, no fuss, option to conduct a cremation disposition at the lowest cost possible. To find the best price on direct cremation in Atlanta, you need to check out the DFS Memorials provider for Atlanta.
Preplanning a funeral in Atlanta
Preplanning a funeral is an ideal way to ensure your final wishes are met and the finances to cover your funeral expenses are laid aside. It can remove a burden of emotional decision-making and financial stress from surviving family all important in these more difficult economic times!
You can take out a funeral plan with a funeral home in Atlanta, or make funeral insurance arrangements. Alternatively, you can set up a P.O.D account and document your wishes in readiness. A funeral planning guide for Atlanta is available in our Library/Info section on the left, as are many other articles to assist you plan a funeral in Atlanta.
Cremation plans in Atlanta
You can also arrange a prepaid cremation plan in Atlanta if you wish. Simple, low cost cremation plans are available from most cremation services providers. The cost for a cremation plan will depend upon certain factors, such as your age at the time of taking out the plan, how the plan is financed and what is included with the cremation plan.
There are some very affordable cremation plans in Atlanta, so be sure to check and compare cremation providers.
Send flowers to a funeral home in Atlanta
If you wish to send funeral flowers to a funeral home in Atlanta, you can select the funeral home to send flowers to, or click here to view a full selection of funeral flowers.